MCRO is an application and online platform for public access to state district court records. Once it is fully developed and implemented, it will replace MPA Remote.
At this time, the public may use MCRO to access many Minnesota district court public documents online. Documents filed in a case are only accessible when searching with the case number. While there is no charge for documents at this time, when fully implemented there will be a charge per document.
The following types of documents are now available, per Rule 8, subd. 2 of the Minnesota Rules of Public Access:
Filed on or after July 1, 2015 -
- Public documents in all Major and Minor Criminal and Civil case types;
- Public documents in all Formal Probate, Other Probate, Guardianship and Conservatorship, and Trust case types;
- Public orders, judgments, appellate opinions, and notices prepared by the court in:
- All Family case types; and
- Post-Adjudication Paternity Proceedings.
Access to documents in MCRO filed prior to July 1, 2015, is very limited. It depends on when the document was imaged, and if the case type was publicly and remotely accessible at the time of filing.
Development continues on MCRO, and future phases will allow for users to access:
- Registers of Actions.
- The ability to search for cases using party and attorney names.
- The use of advanced search features, including calendar and judgment searches.