Welcome to Minnesota Court Records Online (MCRO)
Minnesota Court Records Online (MCRO) is an online application that provides public access to Minnesota state district court records and documents.
Through MCRO, you can conduct broad or specific searches to access court case records and documents:
- Case Search allows users to search for court cases by person name, business name, attorney name, case number, citation number, or attorney bar number. It also provides access to the Case Details (Register of Actions) and the public documents available online in each case.
- Document Search allows users to search by case number to find public documents in court cases available online.
- Hearing Search allows users to access information on hearings scheduled in a court case.
- Judgment Search allows users to search by debtor name for judgment details, including any satisfactions for docketed money judgments.
For more information about MCRO, please review:
- MCRO Frequently Asked Questions
- Quick Reference Guide: Searching for Cases in MCRO
- Quick Reference Guide: Searching for Documents in MCRO
- Quick Reference Guide: Searching for Hearings in MCRO
- Quick Reference Guide: Searching for Judgments in MCRO
- Handout: Tips for Name Searches
- Handout: Understanding MCRO Search Results
- Handout: Understanding MCRO Case Details and Judgment Details
The following documents are available online, per Rule 8, subd. 2 of the Minnesota Rules of Public Access:
- Filed on or after July 1, 2015:
- Public documents in all Major and Minor Criminal and Civil case types;
- Public documents in all Formal Probate, Other Probate, Guardianship and Conservatorship, and Trust case types; and
- Public orders, judgments, appellate opinions, and notices prepared by the court in all Family case types and Post-Adjudication Paternity proceedings.
- All judgments, orders, appellate opinions, and court-generated notices to parties filed from July 1, 2005, to June 30, 2015, in case types that were publicly and remotely accessible at the time of filing.
Access to documents filed prior to July 1, 2015, in MCRO is limited. Users may need to contact local court administration for information about these documents.
For more information about which documents are available through MCRO, review the MCRO Document & Case Access Overview Handout.
Rev. December 2023