Welcome to Minnesota Court Records Online (MCRO)
Minnesota Court Records Online (MCRO) is an online application that provides public access to Minnesota state district court records and documents. Once it is fully developed and implemented, MCRO will replace Minnesota Public Access (MPA) Remote.
MCRO Phase 2 is now available. Phase 2 features a new Case Search tab that allows users to search for court cases by person name, business name, attorney name, case number, citation number, or attorney bar number. Case Search provides access to a Register of Actions (Case Details) for each case, as well as public documents filed in each case.
The Document Search tab continues to be available. Users can search by case number to find documents in cases that are available online. While there is no charge for documents at this time, when MCRO is fully implemented, there will be a charge per document.
For more information about MCRO Phase 2, review the Frequently Asked Questions and written materials:
- Quick Reference Guide: Searching for Cases and Documents in MCRO
- Handout: Tips for Name Searches in MCRO
- Handout: Understanding Your MCRO Case Search Results
The following types of documents are available online, per Rule 8, subd. 2 of the Minnesota Rules of Public Access:
Filed on or after July 1, 2015:
- Public documents in all Major and Minor Criminal and Civil case types;
- Public documents in all Formal Probate, Other Probate, Guardianship and Conservatorship, and Trust case types;
- Public orders, judgments, appellate opinions, and notices prepared by the court in:
- All Family case types; and
- Post-Adjudication Paternity Proceedings.
Access to documents filed prior to July 1, 2015, in MCRO is very limited. Access in MCRO depends on when the document was imaged, and if the case type was publicly and remotely accessible at the time the document was filed.
Development continues on MCRO. Future phases will allow for users to perform court hearing searches and judgment searches.